Monday, February 17, 2014

The Middle of February Already?

So this past week and a half has seriously thrown me for a loop, and I'm just now starting to get myself re-settled.

Silas came in as expected, and after learning what it truly means to dig your car out of a parking spot, I picked him up at the airport. We had a fantastic weekend, celebrating Valentines day a week early and running around Columbus. We went to a distillery and an art museum, which were both fantastic.

Unfortunately, that same weekend, I was getting news from my mom that my grandfather was not doing well at all. On Sunday I was sitting with Silas and I got the phone call from my mom saying that he was in heaven. It was very sad, and I was very glad I had someone with me at the time to hug. After I sent Silas back to Oklahoma on Monday, I had to immediately start getting ready to get myself to Oklahoma on Tuesday.

I flew out Tuesday, spending all my time reading and trying to keep up with my schoolwork, since I was basically going to miss an entire week of school, and made it to Tulsa with no issues. It was wonderful to be with all my family, despite the sad occasion. I was asked to speak at Grandpa's funeral, and I felt quite honored to be able to share some memories with all those who came to honor my Grandpa. Silas was able to come up Wednesday evening and spend some time with my family too, which was wonderful.

Thursday I spent most of the day heading back, and then I spent the weekend getting myself and my schedule sorted out and dealing with my new cold. I'm feeling pretty well caught up and settled in, but we'll see how tomorrow goes (Tuesdays are my marathon days where I have class literally all day). I am truly enjoying all my classes so far, but there are a couple that I haven't been to and will get a feel for tomorrow. The reading level this semester is bordering on ridiculous, so I'm working on my speed reading as well as my triaging. Grad school will keep me busy, but I'm learning fantastic stuff, that I hope to keep using the rest of my life.

That's about all I have going on at the moment, but that's probably enough, right? My birthday is coming up, and I think I'll be hanging out with a couple of friends to celebrate my 23rd. It should be lovely. I can't believe how far I am into the month already - I've been off on my time all this past week. Hopefully a relatively normal week will get me re-sorted.

Rather than snowing, today we got ice here, so we'll see how walking to school goes tomorrow. I hope the weather is better wherever you are.

Peace,
Kathryn

No comments: