Sunday, May 4, 2014

Crafts and Cleaning

Another busy week, but I'm having quite a productive weekend, which is making me feel like my last few weeks here before the summer will go smoothly.

This week was my i-group's worship week, and it went very well. We had to move our Wednesday eucharist service inside - we had been planning on having it outdoors - because of some pretty heavy rains, but it was still a lovely service. On Thursday I helped to lead a service of healing that I and one of my classmates had planned. It was nice to be able to plan and put on a service for the seminary community. Working on worship did make for another busy week, though, I'm kind of looking forward to an almost normal schedule this next week.

This weekend I have been doing many things. I have been cleaning, because my kitchen has been in quite a state. And yesterday Sarah, Kaeleigh, and I had an adventure in yarn dyeing with Easter egg dye. It was a fun thing to try out, and I was pleased with how the yarn turned out. I ended up with some nice vibrant spring colors.

It was actually easier than I expected it to be, and it might be a thing I try again from time to time. It's easy enough to use Easter egg dye or kool-aid to dye yarn, and then you don't have to worry about using special dishes, because they are edible and therefore not going to poison me. I love playing with color, and after starting out with simple, undyed yarn, and turning it into this I just started thinking of all the other things I could potentially do. 

I also promised a picture of my finished Luther quilt, and I finally got around to finishing it. I am surprised how much I was able to do in just two weeks, when I was determined to get it done. I'm hoping I'll be able to work on several crafts this summer, when I'm not doing CPE. I love making things and finishing them. I am happy with how my Luther quilt turned out, and I might figure out a way to hang it up in my apartment. 

I am beginning to think about getting myself and George home for the summer, since it's coming so soon. My mom is going to fly up to drive back with me, and we will have a good time. My biggest concerns are making sure George takes to the drive well enough, and figuring out how to bring the crafts I want home along with clothes - the crafts are taking precedence over clothes in my mind. I'm hoping to have time to make things this summer, since I won't be doing schoolwork, and I am planning on using my crafting as a self-care tool during the vigors of CPE, so I want to have plenty to work with. We will see, once I start packing, what will actually fit in my car for the drive. 

For now I am off to continue cleaning and doing my laundry - an exciting Sunday afternoon!


No comments: