Monday, September 9, 2013

A quick update

I have had a good, but rather busy week, and I'm already well into my next.

Silas and I had a great time last weekend, going to German Village to explore food and books, going to the Columbus Art Museum, and going to a local Greek festival. We also cooked, had friends over and went out to a labor day cookout. It was a very full weekend.

Since then I have had my second week of class and I am getting settled in to a new routine. I'm not too worried about my schoolwork this semester because it seems to match pretty well with my last few semesters at my undergraduate. I am enjoying most of my classes this semester, and I think I'll be able to learn a lot from them. I'm deciding what other groups I want to be involved in, and that can be tough when it means starting with one group and then choosing to leave it.

Yesterday, I went to visit a church in town as I am beginning my visits to find a Ministry in Context site. This will be the church I work at for the next two years, and will hopefully be a good growing experience for me. I liked the church I visited, which was a large suburban church that seems very alive and relaxed. They also seem like they do a lot with community, and it actually reminded me of Abiding Grace a bit.

Now I have to get re-used to Mondays at seminary since we skipped last Monday. I've already worked and I came home to cook up my dinner - fish and spanakorizo (a Greek spinach and rice dish) - which should be delicious. Soon enough my classes actually start, and then I've got choir tonight. Should be a good day, and a good week, but I'm certainly keeping busy.

I'll write more next weekend.

Kathryn

No comments: